AODA Accessible Hotel in Downtown Toronto
Cambridge Suites Toronto is committed to respecting and adhering to the core principles of the (AODA) Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity for people with both physical and mental disabilities.
We are continuously following the AODA (POUR) guidelines with respect to The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), ensuring accessibility of our website content are perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust.
The Cambridge Suites Toronto has ensured that none of the following accessibility barriers exist in the workplace:
- Physical or architectural
- Information or communication
- Policy or procedural
In the event that a barrier is identified, we will work with the employee or guest to ensure that the barrier is removed and that they have access to all of our services in a way best suited to their needs.
CommunicationWe will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Support PersonsA person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our property. Fees will not be charged for support persons staying in the same suite as the guest. Support persons will be responsible to pay for charges if they reserve a separate suite. We will notify guests of this charge at the time of reservation.
Service AnimalsWe welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our property that are open to the public.
Assistive DevicesWe will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by guests with disabilities who are using our service.
Accessible Emergency Information
We are committed to providing individuals with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide them with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Notice of Temporary Disruption of Elevator ServiceIn the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to our elevator service, Cambridge Suites Toronto will notify guests promptly. An announcement will be made and a clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed by the elevators. Guests will also be notified about this disruption upon check-in or if the disruption is planned, at the time of reservation.
The Cambridge Suites Toronto is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection processes and when people are hired.
- Ensuring all job postings indicate that accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be made upon request, for interviews and other selection processes.
- Ensuring that we make all reasonable accommodations to suit the needs of new hires with disabilities, upon request, so that they have the tools and resources needed to perform the job.
We will take the following steps to develop and put into place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- We will work directly with the employee and their physician to find out the employee's needs and accommodate accordingly whenever possible.
- We will create a return to work program that takes into account the employee's limitations and accommodate accordingly.
- We will follow up with the employee regularly to ensure that they have the tools and resources needed to perform their job
- We will make adjustments to the return-to-work plan as required.
Training for staff
The Cambridge Suites Hotel will provide training to all employees. This training will be provided to hotel employees within one (1) month of being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- The Cambridge Suites Hotel's accessible guest services standards
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the hotel wheelchair
- How to set up the accessibility shower benches and raised toilet seats (training for staff required to set up these items in guest suites only)
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the Cambridge Suites Toronto's services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible guest services standards.
The Cambridge Suites Toronto encourages all guests to provide us with feedback on their experience through verbal communication, email or via comment cards. Guests who wish to provide feedback on the way the Cambridge Suites Hotel provides services to people with disabilities can submit their comments in the same manner.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of the Cambridge Suites Hotel that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Cambridge Suites Toronto is committed to respecting and adhering to the core principles of the (AODA) Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity for people with both physical and mental disabilities.We are continuously following the AODA (POUR) guidelines with respect to The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), ensuring accessibility of our website content are perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust.