come behind the scenes
There's nothing quite like working in the world of hotels, where there's a wide variety of professions under one roof, presenting tremendous opportunity for mobility and growth. Many areas offer flexible hours in both full and part-time positions. In addition to our great Group Insurance plan, we invite you to build on your strengths through training and certification programs. As an employee, you get to stay free at any of our hotels annually. Subject to availability, you and your family can also take advantage of discounted room, dining and catering rates. An enthusiastic social committee at each hotel organizes staff parties and other recreational events throughout the year.
current job openings
Guest Services Agent
The Cambridge Suites, Toronto, has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to build their career in the hospitality industry. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Guest Services Agent to join our team. The Guest Services Agent will provide a welcoming and friendly environment for guests and ensure an exceptional guest experience to build loyalty and repeat visits.
- To take proper actions within the guidelines provided in the event of any emergency situation.
- To check in and check out hotel guests in a courteous and efficient manner while adhering to the Guest Credit Policy.
- To maximize room revenue through active use of up selling and following the guidelines of yield management.
- To provide impeccable guest services through complementing and communicating with all necessary departments.
- To develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the service facilities and features of the hotel, in order to provide information in a "sales-conscious" manner in response to inquiries by telephone or in person, and to satisfy all other informational inquiries by reference or referral.
- To accept, confirm, modify or cancel room reservations, communicating future booking details to reservation personnel.
- To maintain guest accounts in accordance with the Guest Credit Policy, communicating all direct invoicing information and all circumstances surrounding uncollected accounts to accounting personnel.
- To develop initiative in decision making with aim of maximizing guest service, flexibility and qualification for advancement within the department, Hotel and the Company.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a customer service role
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Available to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
If you are interested in this position, then we want to hear from you!
Please forward your resume to:
Sonia Kallion Director of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org